bq Witbox 2
Home printing for beginners & professionals
Out of StockOur shop no longer sells this product.
Product information & technical details
- Manufacturers: bq
- Product types: 3D Printers
- Printing Technology: FFF - FDM - LPD
- Printer Display: LCD Display
- Supported operating systems: Windows (7+), Mac OS X (10.7+), Linux (Ubuntu 12.04+)
- Number of extruders: Single
- Interfaces: USB - Connection, SD card
- Heated building board: No
- Heated building platform : No
- Printing speed: > 100 mm/s
- Nozzle Diameter: 0,4 mm
- Filament Diameter: 1,75 mm
- Building platform : 297 x 210 x 200 mm
- Minimum layer height: 50 µm
- Printing Materials: PLA Filaments, Special Filaments
The Witbox was the first 3D printer created by bq and ranked fifth place in the top five 3D printers in the world. It has been sold in more than 50 countries.
bq has created a safe, comfortable and practical printer that is ideal for use in a home, school or work environment.
The extruder is the most important part of the 3D printer. It allows the filament to pass through the hot-end for it to be melted. Witbox 2 holds an entirely new extruder that allows for optimal adhesion of the filament.
The new twin drive concept adds pressure to the filament from both sides, reducing the risk of obstructions and perfectly melting the filament via the hot-end.
The distance between the extruder and building platform must be constant for perfect printing results. The Witbox 2 is equipped with a sensor that accurately measures this distance. The red LED indicates once the correct distance is reached. This new feature enables precise levelling for reaching the best outcomes.
The Witbox 2 has a nifty feature called auto-levelling. This feature frees the user from having to manually adjust the level of the building bed. The printer measures the possible degree of variation of the building bed with the help of inductive sensors and adapts the movement to the motors. This allows perfect outcomes on slanting surfaces.
The main electronic components of the Witbox 2 are integrated on a single board.
The electronics has new functions and a micro USB cable connection. The new graphic LCD user interface was developed to ease the user experience.
100% Open Source
The Witbox 2 as well as the printer firmware are 100% open source.
Recommended printing software: Cura Software, Slic3r
- 3D printer Witbox 2
- Quick Starter Guide and Warranty
- Cold print bed
- One set with two keys
- Two side panels and a top panel
- USB cable
- European power cable
- UK power cable
- Reel of 1.75mm diameter PLA filament
- Metallic reel-holder
- SD card (with preloaded 3D models)
- Printed test piece
- Four support legs for the printer
- Five PTFE tubes
- Two cleaning needle
- Metal bristle brush for cleaning
- Allen keys of 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 4 mm
- Carriage immobiliser for transportation
Cleaning and maintenance
English reviews written for bq Witbox 2
3 customer reviews in all languages
We do not have any reviews in English yet, but we do have 3 reviews available in other languages.
- No reviews available
Free delivery in United States
Delivery in 3 business days.
More than 8.300 products
with SLL encryption technology