E3D SuperVolcano Heating Cartridge
Strong heating cartridge for using the SuperVolcano heating block
- Especially for SuperVolcano
- Extremely high performance
Product information & technical details
These 80W heating cartridges have been specially developed for the requirements of the SuperVolcano hot end and offer the power required to achieve the highest possible flow rate. These have an extra-long 47.50 mm heating cartridge, which is adapted to the geometry of the SuperVolcano block.
Please note that the 24 V heating cartridge cannot be operated with the Mosfet since it only accepts up to 3.9 A. The 12V heater is supplied with Mosfet as standard.
- The 12V SuperVolcano heating cartridge consumes up to 8 A, more than most control boards can handle. Therefore, it cannot be used without the supplied Mosfet switch, which can handle high power consumption.
- Only use the heating cartridge with the SuperVolcano block. Using the immersion heater with another block can lead to catastrophic system failure.
- Please note that caution should be exercised when bending the cartridge heater wires and they must not be bent too sharply as this could break the wires due to their thickness.
- Make sure that the wires are not damaged by repeated bending, as this can lead to errors.
Questions & Answers about E3D SuperVolcano Heating Cartridge
The concept of the 3D printer came about from an American inventor and engineer, Chuck Hill, during the s80s. He also founded the company called 3D Systems.