BondTech LGX ACE Mosquito Hotend
Developed for rigid and flexible materials & improved cooling performance
(All prices excl. VAT. - Excludes delivery costs)
Features & Advantages
- Short filament path
- Improved cooling performance
- Mosquito bimetallic heatbreak technology
- By Bondtech & Slice Engineering
- Copper heater block for improved heat transfer
Item no.: BTE-EXT-LGX-ACE-M, Content: 1 pc, EAN: 7350011416059
Product information & technical details
|Filament Diameter:||1,75 mm|
From Bondtech and Slice Engineering
The LGX ACE Mosquito is a dedicated short filament path hotend co-developed by Bondtech and Slice Engineering that can be used with the LGX extruder.
It features Slice's Mosquito Bi-Metal heatbreak technology and a copper heater block for improved thermal performance. In combination with the LGX extruder, a print head is created that can excellently print ALL common materials and especially soft and flexible filaments.
Key features of the LGX ACE Mosquito
- Easier to cool & assemble
- Allows a higher flow rate
- Supports rigid, flexible and soft materials
- Prints flexible and soft materials faster
- Forms a small and light but robust printhead
- Allows changing nozzles with one hand
Engineered to offer higher flow
During the long months of intensive testing leading up to the launch of the LGX CHT nozzles, Bondtech discovered that shortening the post-drive filament path resulted in increased volumetric flow capacity. Similar to the LGX Shortcut Mosquito, the LGX ACE Mosquito hotend offers the same increase compared to the full Mosquito hotend.
Improved cooling performance
The LGX ACE Mosquito Hotend features a monolithic air-cooled heatsink and cooling block designed and manufactured by Bondtech that connects to the LGX extruder through its interface connector and is located on the front of the extruder. The heatsink contains the hole pattern for attaching 40×40 fans.
Bondtech's tests indicate that one 4010 fan is sufficient to cool the heatsink and the cold zone of the heat break because the heatsink and cooling block are monolithic, which increases heat transfer and dissipation.
The heater block included in this product is compatible with the RepRap nozzle standard. Here is a list of compatible versions:
- Bondtech brass nozzle
- Bondtech nozzle made of coated brass
- Plated brass CHT nozzle
- Slice Engineering Copper Nozzle
- Slice Engineering Vanadium Steel Nozzle (for Abrasive Filaments)
The LGX ACE Mosquito Hotend is not compatible with the following items:
- 3DSolex Matchless 1.75mm nozzles
- Heatsink/Cooling block material: Anodised Aluminium
- Mosquito Heatbreak materials: Steel Tubing; copper body; W2S (tungsten disulfide) coating
- Mosquito heater block materials: Copper Body; nickel plating
- Max. working temperature (nozzle): 450 °C
- Max. tightening torque of the extruder screws: 0.3 Nm
- Max. tightening torque on the heatsink/cold block screw: 0.6 Nm
- Net Weight Hotend: 60.5g
- Packing dimensions: 80 x 103 x 73 mm
- Package Weight: 100.5g
Contents of delivery
- 1x LGX Monolithic Cooling Block & Black Anodised Aluminium Heatsink
- 1x Mosquito LGX Heatbreak
- 1x mosquito heater block
- 1x Bondtech M6 x 1 x 7.5 coated brass nozzle 0.4mm
- 1x bag of silver-based thermal paste 0.5 g
Questions & Answers about BondTech LGX ACE Mosquito Hotend
English reviews written for BondTech LGX ACE Mosquito Hotend
Did you know?
3D printing technology has been used in feature films such as Iron Man, Jurassic Park, Avatar and Hobbit.